Sat Parkash Sharma has served as president of Leverich Design Studio in Jackson Heights, New York, since 2015. When he isn’t busy negotiating design deals and consulting with clients, Sat Parkash Sharma enjoys European cuisine.
European cuisine is broad and varied, with each country offering a unique array of national dishes and cultural staples. Some of Western Europe’s most renowned original dishes include:
– Ireland’s Irish Stew – Irish stew has welcomed repeated praise over the past 200 years and is made by slow-boiling potatoes, onions, and mutton.
– Scotland’s Haggis – A slightly odd-looking cuisine, haggis was originally cooked inside sheep stomachs. It consists of meat, oatmeal, onions, and spices.
– England’s Yorkshire Pudding – Contrary to its name, Yorkshire pudding is a savory, bread-like side, composed of flour, eggs, and milk and served alongside roast beef and gravy.
– Germany’s Bratwurst – A type of sausage, bratwurst is a staple of German barbecue.
– France’s Pot-au-Feu – Literally translating to pot in the fire, pot-au-feu is a traditional stew containing steak, vegetables, and spices.
An experienced real estate professional and designer, Sat Parkash Sharma serves as president of Leverich Design Studio, an interior and architectural design consulting agency based in Jackson Heights, New York. In his spare time, Sat Parkash Sharma enjoys cooking and eating South Asian cuisine.
South Asian cuisine comprises the indigenous food of India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Maldives, and Sri Lanka. One of the more popular South Asian cuisines among Western cultures, Indian food is famous for many well-known staples, including:
– Naan, a leavened bread that is flat and baked in a tandoor, or traditional clay oven. Naan is typically accompanied by curry.
– Butter chicken, a saucy dish consisting of tomato puree, spices, butter, and chicken that has been marinated in yogurt.
– Tandoori chicken, another popular chicken dish using a yogurt marinade and cooked in a tandoor with tandoori masala.
– Palak paneer, a North Indian dish made by cooking spinach and cheese in a vegetarian curry sauce.
– Lassi, a creamy, yogurt-infused drink blended with cumin and fruit.